Level 2 water restriction issued by the City of Joburg has issued means that water usage needs to be reduced by 15%.
These water restrictions mean that:
- You should NOT water your garden 06:00 to 18:00 (6am – 6pm).
- We are in this together and should report non-compliance to 011 758 9650.
- If you wish to water your plants or wash your vehicle you need to Only use hand-held watering cans or buckets.
- You should NOT use Municipal water to fill swimming pools.
Domestic user tariff increases:
Limits for domestic usage carries a financial increment which is based on a sliding scale as follows:
- For using 20-30KL – R2.40
- For using 30-40KL – R5.16
- For using more than 40KL – R9.68
Water Saving Tips:
- We can also use grey water and rain water to fill swimming pools or watering plants.
- Put a bucket in the shower to collect water to use for the loo.
- Close the tap while brushing your teeth.
- Repair and leaking pipes or taps.
Images from Joburg Water.
Please follow and like us: