How important is hydration and what does water do in or for your body?
- 75% of our brains are made up of water – no one should ever call you an airhead again.
- Regulates your body temperature – water keeps you cool and warm.
- 83% of your blood is made up of water – make sure you are well hydrated before drinking alcohol. Alcohol enters the bloodstream within 30 minutes depending on whether you have eaten or not. Make sure if you plan on have a few drinks that you slow it down by drinking water at the same time or have a glass of water in between drinks.
- Removes waste – helps with constipation and other GI issues. Water is a great digestive aid and a natural detox liquid. Trying alkaline water may boost digestion and cleansing.
- Helps with weight loss – substituting acidic soft drinks or other high carb. drinks with water may keep the kilo’s off.
- Feeds the cells – water transports nutrients and oxygen from our foods to feed our cells. Water is used to convert the food we eat into energy.
- 75% of our muscles are water – when we are dehydrated, by just 1 or 2%, our muscles grow weaker, our energy plummets, and exercise performance is lowered. Drink water before exercising, as well as during and after.
- Headache cure – one of the most common causes of headaches is dehydration. When you feel a headache coming on, try drinking water first before reaching for pain relief.
Staying hydrated may not be as difficult, before leaving home, ordering your meal at a restaurant or even before a night out, first have a glass of water.
You only have one body, so go and hydrate it!!
Please follow and like us: