If you’ve never heard of ionized water before today then it may sound too good to be true. But we assure you that it has a long history with a proven track record. The discovery of how to make ionized water was no accident or overnight get-rich-quick scheme.
It all started back in the 1800s when English chemist Michael Faraday discovered the law of electrolysis. The Russians then used Faraday’s discovery to invent the first electrolysis machines in the early 1900s.
Japanese scientists then went on to investigate Russian electrolysis technology, and found that electricity could be used to restructure water; thereby recreating what happens in nature when water runs over rocks–alkaline pH water with a low ORP (oxidation reduction potential).
Their studies found jaw-dropping links between ionized water and resistance to disease, increased muscle development, increased mental alertness. Their findings were amazing – but puzzling. How can ionized water produce so many life-enhancing benefits?
The secret these Japanese scientists discovered has been called ‘micro-clustering.’ It’s simple: ionized water actually has smaller molecule clusters than the water that comes out of your tap.
When you pour a glass of water from the tap or water cooler, the water molecules are clustered together in big groups – usually 10-13 molecules per drop.
But in micro-clustered ionized alkaline water, the clusters are made up of only 5 or 6 molecules. This breakthrough discovery from Japanese scientists is the secret behind the incredibly potent hydrating power of ionized water – and the life-changing health benefits it unlocks.
Water ionizers first appeared in Japanese hospitals and were approved for home use in the 1950s. More than 30 million people have used a water ionizer since then, and they can be found in one out of every five Japanese homes today.
Here’s the technical explanation:
To ionize means to gain or lose an electron. Direct current flows from (-) pole to (+) pole. Electron current (e-) is opposite to current (I), so the movement of electrons flows from (+) pole to (-) pole.
(See diagram below).
(-) pole gets the electrons H2O + 2e- = 2OH- + H2
(+) pole loses the electrons 2H2O – 4e- = 4H+ + O2
Enjoy water as nature intended it. With all the dangers lurking in tap water and the massive benefits of ionized water all just a few clicks away, can you afford to keep living without it?
Chanson Water ionizer cleaning procedure:
In order to maintain the highest performance level of your Chanson ionizer, we recommend you do this simple cleaning procedure once per year. If the machine is used heavily or used to make a lot of strong acid or strong alkaline water, then you should repeat this procedure twice per year. Some water sources are extremely hard (high levels of minerals). When using the machine heavily with very hard water, cleaning may be necessary up to three times per year.
Use the Orange pH drops to test your ionized water. Test once per month regularly. If you test regularly, you will know what color results your machine normally produces. Example, if you are used to seeing blue water on the 9.5 setting, and one of your routine tests results in a different color, it is probably time for a flush.
Chanson Water Miracle M.A.X. Cleaning Procedure:
- Open the compartment on the left hand side of the water ionizer to access the ionizer filter and gently tilt the white filter housing outwards.
- To remove the filter cartridge from the filter housing, hold the filter housing body with one hand and twist the cap off by unscrewing counter clockwise. When you lift the filter cap, the filter cartridge will lift out as it is attached to the cap.
- Remove filter cartridge from filter cap by twisting it clockwise. Make sure you recover the flat rubber disc from inside the filter cap or from the top of filter cartridge as you will need to reinstall it on the filter cartridge at the end of the cleaning procedure.
- Remove water from inside the filter cup by tilting the ionizer into the sink, or use a turkey baster to suction water out.
- Heat 1 cup (8 oz or 250 ml) of distilled water. Water should be hot, not boiling, like the temperature for a cup of tea or coffee.
- Mix 2 heaping tablespoons of citric acid powder into the water and stir until fully dissolved. (You can buy citric acid powder at a local store, pharmacy or contact your dealer to purchase some).
- Pour citric acid solution into the filter housing and screw filter cap on without the filter cartridge.
- Select the “FILTERED” water (pH 7.0) setting on the ionizer then press the power touch-pad to turn on water flow. Let the water run to the ionizer for 3-4 seconds to let the citric acid solution flow into the electrolysis chamber. Then turn off the ionizer and immediately lift the drain hose and tie it to the main flexible spout with a bag tie, string or piece of tape. This will prevent the citric acid solution from draining prematurely. Make sure to lower the drain tube before turning the water on again at the end of the cleaning cycle. Close the faucet & switch off the power outlet as shown below or unplug if you are using ordinary outlet.
- Let the ionizer soak for 60 minutes in the citric acid solution.
- Lower the drain hose back into the sink and open the faucet. Switch on the power outlet then select the “FILTERED” water (pH 7.0) setting on the ionizer then press the power touch-pad to turn on water flow.
- Let the water run through the ionizer for 5 minutes. Turn off the ionizer, wait for 10 minutes, then run again the “FILTERED” water for 5 more minutes.
- Re-install the filter cartridge in the filter housing, making sure to replace the flat rubber disc on top of the cartridge before screwing the cartridge into the filter cap.
- Check for leaks.
- Turn the ionizer on and test the ionized water being produced by your machine by using pH drops or an electronic pH meter. If desired improvement is not seen then repeat the citric acid cleaning procedure up to 3 more times.
- If you have gone for long periods without a citric acid cleaning and you know you have very hard water and the cleaning procedure is not working to improve your pH results, you may need to send the machine in to an authorized Chanson service center or for a thorough cleaning.